Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Monday, January 12, 2009

altered daily planner


finished planner














I bought a plain pink spiral board book at Target. I altered it to make a daily planner. I completely took it apart and added different elements-pockets, envelopes, photo sleeves. I cut the pocket envelopes to fit and used a square hole punch in order to put everything on the spirals. I used cardstock, patterned paper, stickers, decorated paper clips. It has several different sections, as follows:
1. finished planner(covered in scrapbook paper with embellishments)
2. photo sleeves(from $1 photo book from target) and colored index cards
3. misc. pocket envelopes
4. family birthdays and a pocket calendar(from Michael's for .50)
5. address labels(mine and my husband's) & addresses and phone numbers
6. lists of my favorite blogs
7. blank colored cardstock and a pocket for misc.
8. stickers of my favorite things!
9. different sized envelopes, postage stamps and white index cards
10. frequently used e-mail addresses
I absolutely love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work. ANd if the weather forecast is any indication, you'll have lots of time to start the next project this week.