Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Thursday, January 22, 2009

UPDATE on Jaiden (and Kamrie)

J.J. was at the E.R. twice this week. Monday evening he started crying, saying his ear hurt. His fever spiked and the doctor said to take him back to the E.R.(he was there sunday night).

When they weighed him, he had lost 3 pounds. He is so skinny anyway and this worries me. We didn't have to wait this time. Dr. Miller was on call (I love this guy!!). He took one look in his ear and said it was flaming red. He prescribed an antibiotic and some ear drops.

Once again, Walgreen's didn't have the meds in stock. They called another store and ordered them so they would be ready when we got there. Right! We had to wait a good 15-20. The store was getting ready to close, so we just sat in the car and waited.

About 15 minutes after Heather got home, Kamrie walked out of the bedroom, said "mommy" and vomited everywhere.

Tuesday morning, she had a fever and a terrible cough. Jaiden started complaining that his mouth hurt behind his teeth. His throat. Heather called the doctor and took them in. Both have a severe repiratory infection and ear infections. They are taking cough syrup, antibiotics, a liquid steroid and breathing treatments. Jaiden still has the ear drops. Heather's cabinet looks like a pharmacy.

Thank god for insurance.

I'm glad that they are good about taking medicine and the breathing treatments. They played real good today. I think they are on the mend. They both had several bad coughing spells and really snotty noses, but seem to be feeling better.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh, poor things! My kids were all sick during New Years, my 7 mo. old daughter was in CHKD. Praying for a speedy recovery.

I visit your blog alot. I love it! Do you mind if I put a link on my blog?