Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Monday, February 16, 2009

Girl's day out!








On Valentine's Day we went to Shipshewana on the Road. It is a small, travelling version of the giant flea market in Shipshewana, IN. They have a little bit of everything. Heather, Kylah, her friend Nikki and I met Sharon and Sara there. Sharon and Sara also have blogs, so of course, we were taking pictures! We had a fun girl's day out!


The girls sampling the yummy dips!




We even saw a movie star!





My bestest friend Sharon and her daughter Sara (and Kylah!!).



Who in their right mind would wipe their feet on this beautiful rug? LOL





Heather, do you have any money left?



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*










After we left SOTR we went to the Countrysde Farmer's Market. It is in a HUGE Amish built barn. It was an awesome sight watching this building go up.



This was taken from the ground floor, looking up.


Handmade Amish quilt

Handmade Amish quilt




Hog heaven!


giant ceiling fan




The market is 3 levels.
Ground floor: food shops-cheese, meat, produce, candy, baked goods, ice cream, popcorn, soft pretzels, dog treats, etc.
Second floor: clothes, purses, jewelry, music, candles, Amish made quilts and furniture, toys, hand loomed rugs and much more.
Third floor: offices and conference rooms.

In the summer they have many booths outside, as well. Produce, flea market goods, crafts, plants and flowers, outdoor furniture, a petting zoo, ATV's and much more.

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LOL - I hear ya on the backsplash! I got new black doorkobs installed on Valentine's Day. Works for me!!

Looks like a fun day out for all of you. Perfect girls day!!

Chanda said...

Looks like a un time. I would have loved to went to something like that.