Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Monday, September 1, 2008

saturday's thrifty finds.....

Saturday, the Salvation Army and Goodwill both had 50% off sales. After Richard and I went to Cocka-doodle cafe for a yummy breakfast, I went to 2 GW's and the SA.

At GW I found quite a few bargains:
  • a new Notre Dame nightshirt for Kylah, for christmas. $1
  • a new pair of pj pants for moi. $1
  • a really cute basket, that I put by the kitchen door, for towels to wipe the dog's feet. .65
  • several small towels, for the dog's feet. .25 each
  • a cute pair of Minetonka moccasins for moi. $2.50 I looked at these last week, but didn't want to pay $5. I'm glad I waited!
  • a counting game for JJ. .65
  • 3 kitchen towels. .50 each
  • 2 little kid ornaments for my iron holiday tree. .25 each
  • a small glass pumpkin. .25
  • a clear glass pyrex custard cup. .50
  • a really cute red, white, blue pillow for the guest bedroom. .50

At SA I found:

  • 2 pyrex baking dishes. .50 each
  • a package of green, gold and bronze tree shaped christmas ornaments. .25
  • a package of apple ornaments. .50 For my iron holiday tree.
  • a set of vintage christmas tree candle lights (in the original box). .25
  • a kid's trivia game for JJ and Kammie. .25

I think that was about it. All in all I think I had a pretty successful thrift shopping day!!

No comments: