Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...part 2





I haven't decorated much outside this year. To be honest, it's just to darn cold! I know I could've done it weeks ago, but I didn't want to!!

We bought the Cement goose in Brown County, IN about 22 years ago. I used to always "dress" it, but kind of got over that! Richard mentioned a couple of months ago that he enjoyed seeing the goose dressed sitting on the deck. So, being the good wife that I am...LOL...I started dressing it again. My mom the the red outfit at a church bazaar many, many years ago. Richard, this is for you!!

I bought the little cement bear, he sits by the back door, at the Shipshewana flea market several years ago.

The white tree, I bought at Goodwill 2 years ago. It was only $5.00. I got the flag there also, $1.50.

We used to hang icicle lights on the front of the house. But, Richard doesn't want to anymore.

1 comment:

Janene said...

Oh Denise, I know how it is about the outside decorating! Joe doesn't want to do it anymore either....It is a big task to undertake and then to take them back down...UGH!
Last year it was just so windy all the outside decorations kept blowing down!