Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...Part 2 1/2!







I have quite a few small Christmasy vignettes in my house. We have a very small house, so little things work great.

The glittery houses are from Bath and Body. I got them at Goodwill for $1.50 each. The bottle brush trees, small santa, nativity and the wreaths were all together in a bag of goodies at Salvation Army. I think it was $1.00 for the whole bag. I have this displayed on the bottom shelf of a little desk that was my mom's when she was a child. It is in my dining room.

This little ceramic tree was made by me in 1976, the year I graduated high schiool! Boy, is it old! My mom and I took ceramic classes together. Her best friend owned the shop where we took classes. I have lots of good memories of us spending monday night together. We did this for years. Even after I got married. It is missing some of the lights. I am going to check Hobby Lobby to see if they sell them. Does anyone know? It doesn't seem to photograph very well. I have it on top of the little desk.

I got the hurricane candle holder on clearance at Target this fall. It was only $3.00(shh...I bought Heather one, too, for Christmas). The greenery was cut from a garland I bought at the Dollar Tree. The 3 santas were also in the bag from Salvation Army! It was full of goodies! This little pretty is on top of my china cabinet. Also, in the dining room.

No comments: