Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Scrapbook/computer room pics, part 2
Here are more pictures from "MY" room!
1. This is an old dresser I bought at a garage sale for $5.00 We took the 2 bottom drawers out and Richard cut the drawer rails out of it so I would have an open space in the bottom to store boxes and tins. I made a curtain to go over the opening. It works great.
2. These things are on top of the dresser. A small quilt (from Goodwill). A memory box with things from my mom and Florida. An altered rolodex file with altered rolodex cards from a swap a few years ago. A pic of Heather and a bear she gave me. And an altered box that has small handmade albums that I have received from different swaps. Last but not least an antique dish with potpourri and a yankee candle.
3. I bought this rack years ago at Goodwill for a quarter. I have my decorative scissor and decorative had punches hanging on it. The little shelf below it has a music box that plays the Notre Dame fight song, a picture of Richard and I at our 25th anniversary party, a wooden clock and 2 Boyd's shopping figurines.
4. I have my paints in a nail polish holder. The owner of a hair/cosmetic shop gave me 2 of these when she went out of business. I gave one to Heather and kept the other one. I painted it and have my paints in it. It sits on my scrap table.
5. This picture is a crown that is full of suckers. My 2 youngest grandkids head straight for this when they come over. I try to keep a variety of suckers in there for them. I bought the crown at Hobby Lobby for $2.24, it's supposed to be a candle holder.
As you can tell by these pictures, I have used every space available in my room. I enjoy having things that I love all around me. There will be more scraproom pics later. Thanks for looking!!