Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lots of thrifty goodness...

I went to the Salvation Army on my way home yesterday. I hit the mother lode! They usually have lots of good nic-nacs. But I never seem to find any clothes there.


This is my favorite find of the day!! It is a large, embossed muffin tray. I have never seen an embossed one before. Have you? I am going to put candles, potpourri and sea shells in it and put it on my coffee table in front of the loveseat. This gem was $1.79.


This is my second favorite find of the day. I am going to add some potpourri to the bottom of it. I can't seem to pass up these electric candles. It was $2.99


This is hard to see, but it's a real nice, soft black chenille mat. I have never used black under any of my decor. I know it will look great.



I bought this woven tablecloth(first photo) several weeks ago for $4.99(more than I would normally spend, but I loved it). I have had my eye on the napkins since then, but there was only 3. Well, guess what, yesterday there were 6 of them. I don't know where the other 3 have been hiding! I paid $1.49 for the napkins. I can't wait to put these on my table.THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE IT, BUT THEY ARE ALL THE SAME COLOR.


This piece of brocade fabric has all of my favorite colors in it! I will either use on my table or make a pillow out of it. It was 79 cents.


I love the colors in this Lang candle holder. Perfect for a summer table. It was 49 cents.


This cute little birdie is a metal tea light holder. It is only 2 inches tall. I am going to give it to my sister. It was 49 cents.


These are napkin rings. There are 6 of them and they are white ceramic. I think I will fix them a little! They were 49cents for the set.


These 2 vintage napkins were 49 cents for the pair. Love the gold color.


I love this old strainer. For $1.79 I couldn't pass it up!


This is a set of embroidered placemats and napkins. There are a few spots on them, but I don't know if I want to try to remove them or not. The set was $1.49.



I thought this little pillow was so sweet and only 49 cents.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I love that muffin tin that you bought. I've never seen one like that either. But I sure would like to have one myself. =)

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Wow you did hit the mother load!!!! That muffin pan is awesome I too have never seen one embossed!!! Have a great day!~Wendy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I don't think I've ever seen an embossed muffin tin either! I've been on the lookout for a good deal on a muffin tin too! That's a great find! You really did well on your finds!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Benita said...

Wow, you hit the motherload! Great finds! I've never seen a muffin tin like that before, either. Looks really cool!

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I have that same muffin tin!
I love it...its so unique!

My hubby was down your way on tuesday for the big auction in Topeka!
I should have came with him...we could have gone thrifting together!

Happy first day of SPRING Denise!

Hugz n Blessings,
Dolly

Faye said...

WOW DENISE.I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU!THIS IS MY CUP OF TEA!HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND!