Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Friday, May 8, 2009

Mid-week thrifty goodies!

I wanted to show a few pictures of my dining room table decorated with mostly thrifted goodies! I change it out every few weeks, so I wanted to show this look before it changes!

I took this while standing on one of the dining room chairs!

The centerpiece is made up of all thrifted goodies!

Here are the bamboo palcemets with the rooster napkins. I bought the napkin rings, years ago, at Elder-Beerman.

~*~*~*~*~

I didn't think that I would have a chance this coming weekend to do any thrifty shopping or go to any garage sales, so I stopped in at the Salvation Army on Wednesday. SCORE! They had half off all "bric a brac". Otherwise known as housewares or knick-knacks!! I love to shop the knick-knack aisles at the SA. Everything is so cheap and they have aisles full of stuff!! I also like the "domestics" section. Also known as napkins, tablecloths, placemats, doilies, etc!!

This colander is small. Just 8" across. It was 50 cents!


I have looked at this juice decanter for weeks. It isn't in the best condition, but I decided that for 50 cents, I decided to bring it home! Not quite sure where I'll put it.


I am going to use this in my scraproom. It is the perfect color of sage green. 35 cents.


I really like this old coffee pot. I am going to plant some red geraniums in it. We have an antique wood stove on the deck, I think it will go on that. Only-$1.00.


Isn't this cute? Love it. I have another one like it, but the design on the front is a pineapple. I'm thinking of putting one on each end of my buffet or hutch. This little beauty was only 49 cents.


This is a bag of sno-cone straws. They have a little spoon on one end. My grandkids love sno-cones. I have had a crank ice shaver for years. Last week I bought a new electric ice shaver at Meijer on clearance for only $14.50! We probably have at least 10-12 bottles of flavoring for these icy treats!


I love these large (18" x 18") napkins! The colors are perfect for a summer table. All four for $1.00.


This fabric is actually a good sized square tablecloth. It is cream, red, navy, sagey green and tan. I love the colors. It was-45 cents.


I am going to hang this somewhere outside. Either on my deck or in the big tree where most of our birdfeeders are-50 cents.


I just love this little jam jar with the raspberries on the lid. I will probably pit it on top of my kitchen cabinets or in my scrap room-25 cents.


I'm going to hand this outside by my kitchen door-25 cents.


Wooden Christmas garland, once again-25 cents!

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, your treasures are all wonderful. I can't find a SA around here, but it seems they have some of the best things. Love them all. Hugs, Marty

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Once again you have some great goodies there!!! Happy mothers day to you my friend I hope it is a very Blessed one!!~Wendy