Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey, honey...do you hear water dripping?

Well, I didn't, but it was.

A pipe under the bathroom sink broke and flooded the bathroom, ran under the wall into the spare room (where all of my Christmas gifts were kept) and flooded the basement. Directly under the leak in the basement, were 2 LARGE storage boxes full of clean spring and summer clothes. WITH NO LIDS ON THEM. Why were there no lids? No one knows. Was it my fault? Was it Richard's fault? No one knows. What I do know is, I spent all day today rewashing those 2 boxes full of formerly clean clothes. Man was I pi$$ed!

Richard went to Menard's, got the parts and fixed it. Thank god he is a handy man!!

3 comments:

bubble said...

Oh no!! how annoying! I bet there was some shouting at your place!! Pleased it is sorted now! xxx

Chanda said...

Oh man what rotten luck. You sound like me. We need to stomp our foot and say ENOUGH. We've both had our share. I'm sorry all this happend. Bless your heart. Thank goodness you all good fix it yourself and it wasn't right before Christmas or something. Hope you can salvage everything. I need your plumber hubby to come help me! I have a comode running upstairs and I just shut off the water supply until we can get time to fix it. No one is up there using it anyway. Hope all goes better for the rest of the week.

Dawn Gahan said...

Oh Denise, my heart goes out to you. I, who have dried my way out of three home floods, knows what a pain in the butt it is. What a lucky woman who has a handy man at home. I want one. Santa, did you hear that?