Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rain, rain, rain...

It has been raining off and on all day, today. Thank-you, hurricane Gustav. Finally. Our poor grass and trees are breathing a sigh of relief at getting a good, big drink of water.

Everything has been so dry and droopy. I don't ever remember seeing the trees and bushes drooping from lack of water. The grass is so dry that it crunches when you walk on it. I hate that so much.

Hopefully it's not too late for the grass and it will turn green again.

Richard hasn't had to mow for several weeks. That did save on gas for the mower, though! It's hard to mow such a large yard (1 acre) when gas is almost $4.00 a gallon.

No comments: