Welcome to Ramblings of a Thrifty Shopper! I am having so much fun rambling on about my life, my family, my crazy pets, my crafting and card making and of course my thriftiness! Please visit often and feel free to leave me comments! P.S. Be sure to visit our pet squirrel's blog at the link on the right side!!







~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...part 3




My dining room is probably my favorite room. I love my buffet and hutch. My china cabinet. My table and chairs. My hanging light. I love it all!

I got my placemats and napkins at Goodwill. I paid $1.50 for 4 placemats and $1.00 for 4 napkins. I tied a piece of gold curling ribbon and a vintage ball ornament around the napkin. I tucked in a stem of pine and a candy cane. It is simple, but I love the way it looks.

The centerpiece is made up of vintage glass balls in a cut crystal bowl (that was my mother in law's), candy canes, pine stems and a yummy pomegranate/mandarin candle. It is sitting on an antique doily and a green wooden charger plate that I bought for 90% off at Target years ago. I also added my Santa and Mrs. Claus salt & pepper shakers.

My favorite decorated piece is the lamp hanging over the table. I bought this at a Spiegel outlet about 4 years ago. It was on clearance for $15.00. When I bought it, it was silver. So not my color! I first painted it yellow. This summer I painted it flat black. It now looks wrought iron. Normally I have shades on it with saltbox houses (that match the wallpaper border) painted on them. I take the shades off for Christmas. I have pine and berry candle rings around the lights. This year I hung vintage glass balls, black sleigh bells and candy canes from the hooks on the lamp. It was hard to get a good picture, so Richard held up a tablecloth so I could get the pic I wanted! Gotta love him!

No comments: